|6. New Zealand||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|8. West Indies||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
M: The number of matches played
W: The number of matches won
L: The number of matches lost
T: The number of matches tied
NR: The number of matches abandoned
PTS: Number of points awarded
NRR: Net Run Rate
Cricket World Cup Points Table 2023
The 2023 cricket world cup will be played in the same format as of 2019 and 1992 WorldCup (round-robin format) with all 10 teams playing against each other in a single group. The tournament will continue for over a month and 45 matches will be played.
All 10 teams will battle for the title to be crowned as the World Champions for the next four years. Every team, management and player will be focused on giving their best performance on the biggest event of the cricket world.
Australia is the most successful team in the history of the cricket world cup as they have won the title 5 times, more than any other team.
England is the defending champion and they will be looking to defend their title and rule the cricket world for another 4 years with their top-notch performance.
Cricket World Cup Points Table Criteria
- The teams with the highest points on Cricket World Cup Points Table will finish in the first position.
- If teams have an equal number of points on ICC Cricket World Cup Points Table, then:
- The team with the most wins in the Group Stage will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the group stage then in such case the teams will be ordered according to their net run rate in the group stage matches.
- If there are teams that are still equal, they will be ordered according to the result(s) of the head-to-head match(es) played between them (points, then if still equal, the net run rate in those matches).
- If the above does not resolve the group stage ordering and there are teams that are still equal, the teams will be ordered as per their group stage seeding.
- If all matches in the group stage produce no results the teams will be ordered as per their group stage seedings and the top 4 seeded teams will progress to the Semi-Finals.
- If a semi-final is tied, the team shall compete in a super-over to determine the winner.
- If the match is abandoned or no result at the end of the reserve day or weather conditions prevent the super over from being completed the team with higher position in the cricket world cup standings (group stage) will proceed to the finals.
If the final of the tournament is tied then the teams must compete in a super-over to determine the winner.
If the weather conditions prevent from bowling a super over, or the match is abandoned or a no result at the end of a reserve day then both teams will be declared as joint winners.
You may like to read:
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Schedule